2021 is the year of the Circular Economy, a model that is becoming increasingly popular among the countries of the European Union, determined to implement a new agenda of ad hoc measures to safeguard the planet from all the waste in which we are drowning, due to various factors such as the increase in population, the lack of raw materials and the evolution of production processes.
- Reduce: the concept of circularity is the need to reduce the consumption of raw materials, designing products with long-term obsolescence and simple maintenance, with lower costs;
- Reuse: the reuse of raw materials is the first great life cycle of products, so as not to lose that energy spent to generate that product;
- Recycling: last step to recover the material.
The Circular Economy, defined as the fourth industrial revolution together with Industry 4.0, provides five fundamental principles for the definition of a new regenerative economy:
- Product as a Service (PaaS);
- Sustainable and innovative materials;
- Sharing of ownership (sharing economy);
- Regeneration of the product;
- Longer lifespan of a product.
At GECO EXPO there will be an area entirely dedicated to this issue that will give space to all economic players who have understood its potential, evolving and cooperating to achieve a circular economy integrated with every productive and economic system.
Protagonists: the circular economy is applicable to every production sector, for this reason there are countless players present in the market. Particular attention to the clothing, plastics, food and chemical sectors. There will also be start-ups and research groups that will present the latest innovations and technological innovations dedicated to the recovery and reuse of what until now had been defined as waste or waste.
The circular economy is the basis of the correct management of productive resources, discover in the section dedicated to EcoFood how food waste can become a new productive resource.